|Judul||:||Bowtie-shaped DGS for reducing coupling between elements of planar array antenna|
In this paper, the utilization of bowtie-shaped defected ground structure (DGS) incorporated into the groundplane of planar array antenna is proposed to reduce the coupling between two elements of planar array antenna. A double side of FR4 epoxy dielectric substrate with the dimension of 105mm × 130mm and the thickness of 1.6mm is used to deploy the planar array antenna. Two elements of planar array antenna are placed on the top side of dielectric substrate, while the bowtie-shaped DGS is put in the groundplane at the bottom side. To reduce the amount of coupling between two elements of planar array antenna, the DGS which takes bowtie-shaped is introduced. From the results, both simulation and measurement verified that the bowtie-shaped DGS reduced the coupling at the resonance frequency of 1.955 GHz. The simulated and measured couplings could be reduced up to 0.67 dB and 2.4 dB, respectively.
|Tahun||:||2017||Media Publikasi||:||Seminar Internasional|
|Kategori||:||Prosiding||No/Vol/Tahun||:||1 / 1 / 2017|
|PTN/S||:||Universitas Pakuan||Program Studi||:||TEKNIK ELEKTRO|
1. D. M. Pozar, D.H. Schaubert, "Microstrip Antennas: The Analysis and Design of Microstrip Antennas and Arrays", IEEE Press, 1995.
2. B. Clerckx, C. Oestges, "MIMO Wireless Networks: Channels Techniques and Standards for Multi-Antenna Multi-User and Multi-Cell Systems" in 2nd ed. Academic Press, 2013.
3. A. Kalis, A. G. Kanatas, C. B. Papadias, Parasitic Antenna Arrays for Wireless MIMO Systems, Springer, 2014.
4. R. J. Mailloux, Phased Array Antenna Handbook, Artech House, 2005.
5. R. C. Hansen, Phased Array Antennas, Wiley-Interscience, 2009.
6. C. T. Manh, X. Han, H. H. Ouslimani, A. Priou, A. Marteau, G. Collignon, "Reduction of the coupling between microstrip arrays antennas using High Impedance Surface (HIS) structures", Proceeding of 40 th European Microwave Conference (EuMC) , pp. 1453-1456, Sep. 2010.
7. N. F. Yashina, T. M. Zaboronkova, "Electromagnetic surface waves guided by the boundary between bi-anisotropic composite and dielectric media", Proceeding of International Conference Days on Diffraction (DD), pp. 201-204, May-Jun. 2011.
8. A. Ikhyari, A. Munir, "Dual-band microstrip patch antenna using capacitive artificial magnetic conductor", Proceeding of 2 nd International Conference on Wireless and Telematics (ICWT) , pp. 36-39, Aug. 2016.
9. P. Baccarelli, P. Burghignoli, G. Lovat, S. Paulotto, "Surface-wave suppression in a double-negative metamaterial grounded slab", IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 2, no. 1, pp. 269-272, 2003.
10. K. Buell, H. Mosallaei, K. Sarabandi, "Electromagnetic metamaterial insulator to eliminate substrate surface waves", Proceeding of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (AP-S), pp. 574-577, Jul. 2005.
11. F. Y. Zulkifli, E. T. Rahardjo, D. Hartanto, "Radiation properties enhancement of triangular patch microstrip antenna array using hexagonal defected ground structure", Progress In Electromagnetics Research M, vol. 5, pp. 101-109, 2008.
12. F. Y. Zulkifli, E. T. Rahardjo, D. Hartanto, "Dumbbell defected ground structure for multiband microstrip antenna array", Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 13, pp. 29-40, 2010.
13. M. I. Ahmed, A. Sebak, E. A. Abdallah, H. Elhennawy, "Mutual coupling reduction using defected ground structure (DGS) for array applications", Proceeding of 15 th International Symposium on Antenna Technology and Applied Electromagnetics (ANTEM) , pp. 1-5, Jun. 2012.
14. Y. Hajilou, H. R. Hassani, B. Rahmati, "Mutual coupling reduction between microstrip patch antennas", Proceeding of 6 th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EUCAP) , pp. 1-4, Mar. 2012.
15. H. J. Naibaho, M. Yunus Edwar, A. Munir, "Coupling reduction between two elements of array antenna using U-shaped defected ground structure", Proceeding of 3 rd International Conference on Control Electronics Renewable Energy and Communications (ICCEREC) , Sep. 2017.
16. R. Dehdasht-Heydari, M. Naser-Moghadasi, "Introduction of a novel technique for the reduction of cross polarization of rectangular microstrip patch antenna with elliptical DGS", Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 22, no. 8-9, pp. 1214-1222, 2008.
17. M. M. Fakharian, P. Rezaei, A. A. Orouji, "Microstip antenna with a reconfigurable Dumbbell-shaped defected ground plane for DCS-1800 and PCS-1900", Proceeding of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (APSURSI), pp. 556-577, Jul. 2013.
18. A. M. Ismaiel, A. B. Abdel-Rahman, "A meander shaped defected ground structure (DGS) for reduction of mutual coupling between microstrip antennas", Proceeding of 31 st National Radio Science Conference (NRSC) , pp. 21-26, Apr. 2014.
19. L. H. Weng, Y. C. Guo, X. W. Shi, X. Q. Chen, "An overview on defected ground structure", Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 17, pp. 173-189, 2008.
20. I. P. Sari, A. Munir, "Defected ground structure for bandwidth improvement of artificial magnetic conductor-based microwave absorber", Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems Services and Applications (TSSA), pp. 200-203, Oct. 2012.
21. A. Munir, R. Safitri, "Development of microstrip BPF using open split ring resonator with square groundplane window", Proceedings of International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), pp. 49-50, Dec. 2014.
22. S. F. Nurjihan, A. Munir, "Effect of DGS incorporation for bandwidth enhancement of UWB microstrip BPF", Proceedings of 3 rd International Conference on Wireless and Telematics (ICWT) , pp. 39-42, Jul. 2017.