|Judul||:||Coupling reduction between two elements of array antenna using U-shaped defected ground structure|
This paper presents the U-shaped defected ground structure (DGS) which is incorporated into the groundplane of array antenna to reduce the coupling between antenna elements. The array antenna is constructed of two layers of flame resistant (FR) 4 epoxy dielectric substrate with the thickness of each layer of 1.6mm. The U-shaped DGS is placed at the bottom side of second layer between two elements of array antenna located on the top side of first layer. A proximity feeding technique of microstrip line applied to feed each antenna element is positioned on the top side of second layer. By reducing the coupling which is generated due to the input power at both feeding ports, the radiation characteristics of array antenna can be improved. To demonstrate the feasibility of U-shaped DGS in coupling reduction, an array antenna without DGS is also investigated. The characterization results have verified that the U-shaped DGS is applicable to reduced the coupling at the resonant frequency of 2.38GHz up to 2dB and 0.88dB for simulation and measurement, respectively.
|Tahun||:||2017||Media Publikasi||:||Seminar Internasional|
|Kategori||:||Prosiding||No/Vol/Tahun||:||1 / 1 / 2017|
|PTN/S||:||Universitas Pakuan||Program Studi||:||TEKNIK ELEKTRO|
1. Z. N. Chen, K-M. Luk, Antennas for Base Stations in Wireless Communications, McGraw-Hill, 2009.
2. A. Kalis, A. G. Kanatas, C. B. Papadias, Parasitic Antenna Arrays for Wireless MIMO Systems, Springer, 2014.
3. R. Garg, P. Bhartias, I. Bahl, A. Ittipiboon, Microstrip Antenna Design Handbook, Norwood:Artech House, 2000.
4. J. L. Volakis, Antenna Engineering Handbook, Mc. Graw Hill, 2007.
5. N. Engheta, R. W. Ziolkowski, Metamaterial: Physics and Engineering Explorations, IEEE Press, John Wiley & Sons Inc., 2006.
6. M. Nikolic, A. Djordjevic, A. Nehorai, "Microstrip antennas with suppressed radiation in horizontal directions and reduced coupling", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 53, no. 11, pp. 3469-3476, Nov. 2005.
7. M. N. Sujatha, K. J. Vinoy, "A stacked ring-patch artificial substrate for surface waves suppression and in phase refiection", Proceeding of 5th International Conference on Industrial and Information Systems (ICIIS), pp. 75-79, Jul.-Aug. 2010.
8. A. Ikhyari, A. Munir, "Dual-band microstrip patch antenna using capacitive artificial magnetic conductor", Proceeding of 2nd International Conference on Wireless and Telematics (ICWT), pp. 36-39, Aug. 2016.
9. L. Yang, M. Fan, Z. Feng, "A spiral electromagnetic bandgap (EBG) structure and its application in microstrip antenna arrays", Proceeding of Asia-Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), pp. 1-4, Dec. 2005.
10. K. Buell, H. Mosallaei, K. Sarabandi, "Electromagnetic metamaterial insulator to eliminate substrate surface waves", Proceeding of IEEE Antennas and Propagation Society International Symposium (AP-S), pp. 574-577, Jul. 2005.
11. F. Y. Zulkifii, E. T. Rahardjo, D. Hartanto, "Dumbbell defected ground structure for multiband microstrip antenna array", Progress In Electromagnetics Research Letters, vol. 13, pp. 29-40, 2010.
12. H. Liu, Z. Li, X. Sun, J. Mao, "Harmonic suppression with photonic bandgap and defected ground structure for a microstrip patch antenna", IEEE Microw. Compon. Lett., vol. 15, no. 2, pp. 55-56, Feb. 2005.
13. M. Salehi, A. Motevasselian, A. Tavakoli, T. Heidari, "Mutual coupling reduction of microstrip antennas using defected ground structure", Proceeding of 10th IEEE Singapore International Conference on Communication Systems (ICCS), pp. 1-5, Oct.-Nov. 2006.
14. D. Guha, M. Biswas, Y. M. M. Antar, "Microstrip patch antenna with defected ground structure for cross polarization suppression", IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 455-458, Dec. 2005.
15. Y. Chung, S. Jeon, D. Ahn, J. Choi, T. Itoh, "High isolation dual polarized patch antenna using integrated defected ground structure", IEEE Microw. Compon. Lett., vol. 14, no. 1, pp. 4-6, Feb. 2004.
16. R. Dehdasht-Heydari, M. Naser-Moghadasi, "Introduction of a novel technique for the reduction of cross polarization of rectangular microstrip patch antenna with elliptical DGS", Journal of Electromagnetic Waves and Applications, vol. 22, no. 8-9, pp. 1214-1222, 2008.
17. L. H. Weng, Y. C. Guo, X. W. Shi, X. Q. Chen, "An overview on defected ground structure", Progress In Electromagnetics Research B, vol. 17, pp. 173-189, 2008.
18. I. P. Sari, A. Munir, "Defected ground structure for bandwidth improvement of artificial magnetic conductor-based microwave absorber", Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems Services and Applications (TSSA), pp. 200-203, Oct. 2012.
19. W. Aditomo, A. Munir, "Bandwidth enhancement of ultra-wideband microstrip bandpass filter using defected ground structure", Proceedings of 13th International Conference on Quality in Research (QiR), pp. 150-154, Jun. 2013.
20. A. Munir, R. Safitri, "Development of microstrip BPF using open split ring resonator with square groundplane window", Proceedings of International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), pp. 49-50, Dec. 2014.