|Judul||:||Penetapan Kadar Flavonoid dan Aktivitas Antimikroba Kulit Bawang Merah (Allium Cepa L.) Hasil Ekstrasi Metode MAE (Microwave Assisted Extracition) terhadap Bakteri Staphyllococcus aureus|
Onion (Allium cepa L.) are classified as vegetable spices which are widely used as complementary spices to add flavor and delicacy of food. Onion contain flavonoid compounds that are useful in the treatment of various diseases such as cough, ulcer, flatulence, hypertension, seizure medication etc. It’s can also be used as an antibacterial, antiinflammatory, antioxidant or antibiotic. Red onion skin waste is also well known to contain active compounds so that it is commonly be used as traditional medicine. The quercetin from the bark extract is also known to have antiinflammatory activity. Flavonoid compounds in plants can be obtained through both conventional or modern extraction. This study aims to determine the levels from flavonoid extracts of onion skin obtained by using Micowave Assited Extraction (MAE) extraction and its antibacterial activity against Staphylococcus aureus (S.aerus) by using variation concentration of 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 % w/v. Flavonoid levels were measured by using UV Spectrophotometer at 431 nm wavelength, and the antibacterial activity of onion bark against S. aureus was determined diameter of bacterial growth inhibition zones (LDH) in agar diffusion. Variation of concentration used were 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 % w/v. The extraction of red onion skin using the MAE method obtained an average extract yield of 9.79 % and flavonoid levels of 14.57 %. The inhibition zone of extract at concentrations 20, 40, 60, 80 and 100 % were 18.00 mm, 19.50 mm, 19.50 mm, 22.00 mm and 21.50 mm respectively.
|Tahun||:||2018||Media Publikasi||:||Jurnal Nasional Blm Akreditasi|
|Kategori||:||Jurnal||No/Vol/Tahun||:||2 / 8 / 2018|
|PTN/S||:||Universitas Pakuan||Program Studi||:||FARMASI|
1. A. Delazar, Hamedeyaz N.L., dan Sarker SD., 2012. Microwave-Assisted Extraction in Natural products Isolation. Methods.Mol.Bio.2012, 864:89-115.doi:10.1007/978-1-61779-624-1_5
2. Chang, C.C., Yang, M.H., Wen, H.M., dan Chernn J.C., 2002, Estimation of Total Flavonoid Content in Propolis by Two Complementary Colorimetric Methods, Journal of Food and Drug Analysis. 178- 182.
3. Departemen Kesehatan Republik Indonesia, 1985, Cara Pembuatan Simplisia, Direktorat Jenderal Pengawasan Obat dan Makanan, Jakarta. 10-11.
4. Eltaweel, M., 2013.
5. Assessment of Antimicrobial Activity of Onion Extract (Allium cepa) on Staphylococcus aureus; in vitro study.
6. International Conference on Chemical, Agricultural and Medical Sciences (CAMS-2013) Dec. 29-30, 2013 Kuala Lumpur (Malaysia).