The professional commitment of lecturers is an important element in the achievement of educational goals in universities, but from the initial survey at Pakuan University, it was shown that the current situation is still not as expected. Therefore, Professional commitment of lecturers is interesting to be studied. Based on the above background, the purpose of this research is to seek efforts to increase the professional commitment of lectures through the development of empowerment and trust. The study was conducted using path analysis method to determine whether other variables, namely empowerment, and trust, had a positive effect on the professional commitment of lectures. The population in this research is a permanent lecturer at Pakuan University with functional position of Asisten Ahli up to Lektor Kepala amounting to 337 people with sample determined from population randomly amounted to 135 people. To obtain optimal results in an effort to increase the professional commitment of lecturers used Sitorem Method. The results showed that : (a) there is a positive direct influence of empowerment to organizational commitment, (b) there is a positive direct effect of empowerment to organizational commitment, (c) there is a direct positive influence of trust on organizational commitment. From Sitorem's analysis it is concluded that there is a preserved indicator, i.e. open communication, readiness to accept occupation risks, sooth, and improvement desire, and indicators that need to be improved in order of priority of treatment is as follows: 1. authority, 2. discretion, 3. creativity and innovation, 4. confidence in ability and strength, 5. openness, 6. partnership strength, 7. awareness, 8. dedication and devotion, 9. consistency, 10. skills development.
- Adrian Frunham,The Psychology of Behavior at Work, New York: Rouledge Press, Inc., 2011.
- Blanchard, John Carlos dan W. Alan Randolph, Empowerment Takes More Than a Minute; Libatkan Setiap Karyawan Lejitkan Perusahaan Anda, Edisi Kedua, Alih Bahasa: Anik Soemarni, Surabaya: PT Maju insan Cemerlang, 2012.
- Brick Jean. Academic Culture: A Student’s Guide to Studying at University, Second Edition, Australia: Macmillan Publisher, 2011.
- Colquitt,Jason A., Jeffery A. LePinedan Mixhael J. Wesson. Organizational Behavior: Improving Performance and Commitment in the Workplace, New York: McGraw-Hill Companies, 2009.
- Fred Luthans, Organizational Behavior, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- Frunham, Adrian. The Psychology of Behavior at Work, New York: Rouledge Press, Inc., 2011.
- Fukuyama, Francis, Trust: The Social Virtues and The Creation of Prosperity, New York: Free Press Paperbacks, 1995.
- George Jennifer M. George and Gareth R. Jones, Understanding and Managing Organizational Behaviour, Sixth Edition, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc. 2012.
- Glickman, Carl D. Stephen P. Gordon, and Jovita M. Ross-Gordon, Supervision and Instructional Leadership: A Developmental Approach, 8th ed., Boston: Pearson Education, Inc., 2010.
- Greenfield. Jr,A.C., Carolyn Strand Norman, dan Benson Wier. on Earnings Management Bahavior, Journal of Bisiness Ethics, 2008.
- Hardhienata, S., 2017. The Development of Scientific Identification Theory to Conduct Operation Research in Education Management. IOP Conference Series: Materials Science and Engineering. Volume 166, 2017.
- Heinz Weihrich dan Harold Koontz, Management: A Global Perspective, Elevent Edition, Singapore: McGraw-Hill Education (Asia), 2005.
- Jennifer M. George and Gareth R. Jones, Understanding and Managing Organizational Behavior, Sixth Edition, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc. 2012.
- John. W. Newstorm, Organizational Behavior: Human Behavior at Work, New York McGraw-Hill Companies, Inc., 2011.
- Judeh Mahfuz A.,“An Analysis of the Relationship between trust and Employee empowerment” International Business Management6(2). ISSN; 1993-5250,2012.
- Kannan, R. and S. Muthu Perumal Pillai, An Examination on the Professional Commitment of Engineering College Teachers, Medwell Journal: International Business Management 2 (6): 218-224, 2008.
- Kanooni, Armanm “The Employee Empowerment,” Journal of Information Technology Departement, November7, Capella University, 2005.
- Khan Sharafat, “The Key to Being a Leader Company: Empowerment”. Journal for Quality and Participatio,1997.
- Koppi, A.J., M.J. Chaloupka, R. Llewellyn, G. Cheney, S. Clarks, and T. Feton-Kerr. Academic Culture, Flexibility and the National Teaching and Learning Database, Australia: New Technologies in Teaching and Learning, University of Sydney, 1998.
- Langton, Nancy dan Stephen Robbins. Organizational Behavior: Concepts, Controversies Applications, Ontario, Canada: Pearson Education Inc.: 2007.
- Laurie J.Mullins, Management and Organizational Behavior, Seventh Edition, England: Pearson Education Limited, 2005.
- Luthans Fred, Organizational Behavior, New York: McGraw-Hill, 2008.
- Lawrence J. Saha dan A. Gary Dworkin, International Handbook of Research of Teachers and Teaching, (New York: Springer Science Business Media, LLC., 2009).
- Malik, Zaki dan Bouguettaya Athman. Trust Management for Service- Oriented Environments, London: Business Media, 2009.
- M Jennifer M. George and Gareth R. Jones, Understanding and Managing Organizational Behaviour, Sixth Edition, New Jersey: Pearson Education, Inc. 2012.
- McShane Steven L. and Mary Ann Von Glinow, Organizational Behaviour, 5th edition, New York: McGraw-Hill Irwin, 2010.
- Merriman Jennifer,“Content Knowledge for Teaching: Framing Effective Professional Development”, Dalam Linda E. Martin, Sherry Kragler, Diana J. Quatroche, dan Kathryn L. Bauserman (Editor), Handbook of Professional Development in Education: Successful Models and Practices, PreK-12, New York: The Guiford Press, 2014.
- Murphy Sean P. Academic Culture: Professional Preparation and the Teaching Life, New York: The Modern Language Association of America, 2008.
- Neil H. Snyder, James J. Dowd, Jr., and Dianne Morse Houghton, Vision, Values and Courage:Leadership for Quality Management, New York: The Press, 1994.
- Pamela S. Shockley-Zalabak, Sherwyn P. Morreale, dan Michael Z., Building: The High-Trust Organization: Strategies for Supporting Five Key Dimensions of Trust, San Fransisco: Jossey-Bass, 2010.
- Razak Nordin Abd, I Gusti Ngurah Darmawan dan John P. Keeves, “Teacher Commitment”, dalam Lawrence J. Saha dan A. Gary Dworkin (Editors), International Handbook of Research on Teachers and Teaching , Part One, New York: Springer, 2009.
- Raymond B.Fox,”The Committed Teacher”, Nothern Illinois University: The Mc Graw - Hill, 2003.
- Schermerhorn. John R, et al, Organizational Behavior, 11th edition, New York: John Wiley & Sons (Asia) Pte. Ltd, 2011.
- Shockley-Zalabak, Pamela S., Sherwyn P. Morreale, dan Michael Z. Building the High-Trust Organization: Strategies for Supporting Five Key Dimensions of Trust, San Fransisco: Jossey-Bass, 2010.
- Slavin Robert E.. Psikologi Pendidikan: Teori dan Praktik, Edisi Kedelapan, Jilid ke-2, Terjemahan: Marianto Samosir, Jakarta: PT Indeks, 2009.
- Snyder, Neil H. James J. Dowd, Jr., and Dianne Morse Houghton, Vision, Values, and Courage: Leadership for Quality Management. New York: The Free Press, 1994.
- Zaki Malik dan Athman Bouguettaya, Trust Management for Service: Oriented Environments, (London: Business Media,2009)