|Judul||:||Meandered Inductor Shape of DGS for Coupling Suppression Between Adjacent Elements of Array Antenna|
Defected ground structure (DGS) has been recently applied to enhance the bandwidth and gain of microstrip antenna, as well as to effectively improve the radiation characteristics by suppressing the higher mode harmonics and coupling between adjacent elements of array antenna. This paper presents the use of DGS which takes meandered inductor (MI) shape to improve the return loss ( S 11 ) and to suppress the coupling between adjacent elements ( S21) of array antenna. An FR4 epoxy dielectric substrate with the thickness of 1.6 mm is used for deploying the antenna. The MI shape slot is embedded on the groundplane at the bottom side of dielectric substrate between two elements of array antenna which are deployed on the top side. The simulated results show that values of S 11 and S 21 have been improved up to 4.4 dB and 1.9 dB, respectively, at the resonant frequency of 2 GHz. This is comparable with the measured results which have achievement up to 8 dB and 5 dB for S 11 and S 21 , respectively.
|Tahun||:||2018||Media Publikasi||:||Seminar Internasional|
|Kategori||:||Prosiding||No/Vol/Tahun||:||1 / 1 / 2018|
|PTN/S||:||Universitas Pakuan||Program Studi||:||TEKNIK ELEKTRO|
1. D. Guha, Y. M. M. Antar, Microstrip and Printed Antennas: New Trends Techniques and Applications, London:john Wiley & Sons, 2010.
2. D. Rajeshwar, N. Gambhir, H. Singh, 2.45 GHz Microstrip Patch Antenna: With Defected Ground Structure for Bluetooth, LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing, 2012.
3. K. Fujimoto, H. Morishita, Modern Small Antennas, Cambridge Univ. Press, 2014.
4. A. B. Abdel-Rahman, A. K. Verma, A. Boutejdar, A. S. Omar, "Control of bandstop response of Hi-Lo microstrip lowpass filter using slot in ground plane", IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Tech., vol. 52, no. 3, pp. 1008-1013, Mar. 2004.
5. C. S. Kim, J. S. Lim, S. Nam, K. Y. Kang, D. Ahn, "Equivalent circuit modelling of spiral defected ground structure for microstrip line", Electron Lett., vol. 38, no. 19, pp. 1109-1110, Sep. 2002.
6. A. Munir, B. D. Wulandari, W. Aditomo, Y. Prasetio, "DGS-based UWB microstrip bandpass filter and its equivalent circuit", Proceedings of IEEE 13th Malaysia International Conference on Communications (MICC), pp. 70-73, Nov. 2017.
7. D.-J. Woo, T.-K. Lee, J.-W. Lee, C.-S. Pyo, W.-K. Choi, " Novel U-slot and V-slot DGSs for bandstop filter
8. H. J. Naibaho, M. Yunus Edwar, A. Munir, "Coupling reduction between two elements of array antenna using U-shaped defected ground structure", Proceedings of International Conference on Control Electronics Renewable Energy and Communications (ICCREC), pp. 29-32, Sep. 2017.
9. M. K. Mandal, S. Sanyal, "A novel defected ground structure for planar circuits", IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 16, no. 2, pp. 93-95, Feb. 2006.
10. H.-J. Chen, T.-H. Huang, C.-S. Chang, L.-S. Chen, N.-F. Wang, Y.-H. Wang, M.-P. Houng, "A novel cross shape DGS applied to design ultra-wide stopband low-pass filters", IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 16, no. 5, pp. 252-254, May 2006.
11. D. Guha, S. Biswas, M. Biswas, J. Y. Siddiqui, Y. M. M. Antar, "Concentric ring-shaped defected ground structures for microstrip applications", IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 5, no. 1, pp. 402-405, Sep. 2006.
12. I. P. Sari, A. Munir, "Defected ground structure for bandwidth improvement of artificial magnetic conductor-based microwave absorber", Proceedings of 7th International Conference on Telecommunication Systems Services and Applications (TSSA), pp. 200-203, Oct. 2012.
13. A. Balalem, A. R. Ali, J. Machac, A. Omar, "Quasi-elliptic microstrip low-pass filters using an interdigital DGS slot", IEEE Microw. Wireless Compon. Lett., vol. 17, no. 8, pp. 586-588, Aug. 2007.
14. M. Yunus, T. J. Sinaga, I. Fitri, E. Wismiana, A. Munir, "Bowtie-shaped DGS for reducing coupling between elements of planar array antenna", Proceedings of International Symposium on Electronics and Smart Devices (ISESD), pp. 226-229, Oct. 2017.
15. Z. Hou, "Novel wideband filter with a transmission zero based on split-ring resonator DGS", Microw. Optical Techn. Lett., vol. 50, no. 6, pp. 1691-1693, Mar. 2008.
16. A. Munir, E. R. Afthar, R. Safitri, "Study on equivalent circuit of wideband BPF using groundplane windowed SRR and its realization", Proceedings of 7th International Annual Engineering Seminar (InAES), pp. 1-4, Aug. 2017.
17. H. W. Liu, Z. F. Li, X. W. Sun, "A novel fractal defected ground structure and its application to the low-pass filter", Microw. Optical Tech. Lett., vol. 39, no. 6, pp. 453-456, Oct. 2003.
18. G. Stojanovic, L. Zivanov, M. Damjanovic, "Compact form of expression for inductance calculation of meander inductors", Serbian Journal of Electrical Engineering, vol. 1, no. 3, pp. 57-68, Nov. 2004.