|Judul||:||Size Reduction of Printed Antenna Based on Spiral Resonator Incorporated with Matching Circuit for Performance Enhancement|
The development of wireless communication system often requires the device with compact size and light weight. To satisfy the requirement, the device should comprise of small parts, in which one of them is using printed antenna. Many researches on size reduction of printed antenna have been conducted. By using spiral resonator (SR) shape incorporated with matching circuit, in this paper, the size reduction of printed antenna is presented which is aimed to enhance the antenna performance. The proposed antenna is designed using two layers of1.6mm thick FR4 dielectric substrate with a proximity coupled technique applied as the feeding system. It is found that the proposed technique offered the proposed antenna to have the S 11 value of 25dB, the bandwidth of 40MHz, and the gain achievement of 2.3dBi. This is better than the performance of printed antenna without matching circuit which has the S 11 value of 15dB, the -10dB bandwidth of 30MHz, and the gain achievement of -0.5dBi. Moreover, the size of proposed antenna is reduced significantly up to 60% compared to the conventional patch antenna.
|Tahun||:||2018||Media Publikasi||:||Seminar Internasional|
|Kategori||:||Prosiding||No/Vol/Tahun||:||1 / 1 / 2018|
|PTN/S||:||Universitas Pakuan||Program Studi||:||TEKNIK ELEKTRO|
1. F. Bilotti, A. Toscano, L. Vegni, "Design of spiral and multiple split-ring resonators for the realization of miniaturized metamaterial samples", IEEE Trans. Antennas Propag., vol. 55, no. 8, pp. 2258-2267, Aug. 2007.
2. A. A. Fashi, M. Kamyab, M. Barati, "A novel small resonant antenna using the meta-materials array", Proceedings of Progress In Electromagnetics Research Symposium (PIERS), pp. 670-674, Aug. 2010.
3. E. T. Rahardjo, W. Yuswardi and, F. Y. Zulkifli, "Size reduction of mi-crostrip antenna with CRLH-TL metamaterial and partial ground plane techniques", Proceedings of International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), pp. 898-901, Oct.-Nov. 2012.
4. A. Harish, M. R. Hidayat, L. O. Nur, B. S. Nugroho, A. Munir, "Spiral-shaped printed planar inverted-F antenna for body wearable application", Proceedings of 11th International Conference on T-elecommunication Systems Services and Applications (TSSA) , pp. 1-4, Oct. 2017.
5. Chairunnisa Sutinah, A. Munir, "Metasurface-backed monopole printed antenna with enhanced bandwidth", Proceedings of Inter- national Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), pp. 1-2, Oct.-Nov. 2017.
6. J. D. Baena, R. Marqu‘es, F. Medina, J. Martel, "Artificial magnetic metamaterial design by using spiral resonators", Phys. Rev. B, vol. 69, no. 1, pp. 014402, Jan. 2004.
7. K. Buell, H. Mosallaei, K. Sarabandi, "A substrate for small patch antennas providing tunable miniaturization factors", IEEE Trans. Microw. Theory Techn., vol. 54, no. 1, pp. 134-146, Jan. 2006.
8. S. Jahani, J. Rashed-Mohassel, M. Shahabadi, "Miniaturization of circular patch antennas using MNG metamaterials", IEEE Antennas Wireless Propag. Lett., vol. 9, pp. 1194-1196, Dec. 2010.
9. T. N. Mai, A. C. Lepage, B. Huyart, "Co-designing a compact an-tenna with a variable matching network using varactors", Proceedings of 7th European Conference on Antennas and Propagation (EuCAP) , pp. 880-884, Apr. 2013.
10. M. Yunus, F. Y. Zulkifli, E. T. Rahardjo, "Radiation characteristics of a novel 2.4 GHz", Open Journal of Antennas and Propagation, vol. 4, no. 1, pp. 1-11, Mar. 2016.
11. A. Munir, S. Aviolanda, E. Bharata, "Wideband printed dipole antenna fed using modified planar marchand balun", Proceedings ofInternational Electronics Symposium (IES), pp. 295-298, Sep. 2016.
12. M. Ando, H. Hirayama, "Impedance matching using folded spiral antenna for coupled-resonant wireless power transfer", Proceedings of International Symposium on Antennas and Propagation (ISAP), pp. 56-57, Oct. 2016.
13. O. S.Ginting, Chairunnisa, A. Munir, "Proximity-coupled L-band patch array antenna fed by binomial power distribution", Proceedings of IEEE Asia Pacific Microwave Conference (APMC), pp. 554-557, Nov. 2017.